Kronk's Spinach Puffs
A recipe inspired in Kronk’s Spinach Puffs, from the beloved and underrated Disney movie, “The Emperor’s New Groove”. These tasty pastries can be eaten for breakfast or a quick snack anytime during the day!
The Emperor's New Groove is one of Disney's more under-appreciated movies, despite being one of the funniest, and I bet its underperformance at the box office came as a surprise to many, given the string of successful Disney Movies from the 90's, which makes me think that this movie was released 18 years ago! How time flies!
The movie tells the tale of Kuzco, a very entitled and stuck up Incan emperor, whose advisor Yzma is planning to murder, but instead of that, turns him into a llama. Yzma's sidekick is Kronk, who despite of working for Yzma is very kind and has a good heart. He is also a very good cook, and has several secret recipes besides his spinach puffs.
These spinach puffs are perfect for breakfasts on the go. They were a success with my husband who loves spinach, but I myself don't like that much spinach's bitter taste. I think next time I will rather use baby spinach.
The pastry sheet was a new thing for me, this is the first time I use it! If you are like me you are probably a bit intimidated by it but don't be, it is actually very easy to prepare: just make sure you have a floured surface to work on, and of course, line your baking tray with cooking spray or butter, whatever you like the most.
Kronk's Spinach Puffs
- 2 cups spinach (fresh or frozen).
- 1/2 cup feta cheese.
- 250 grams cooked bacon bits.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tbsp dried dill.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/2 onion, chopped.
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, cut into squares.
Takes , serves 12 puffs.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Preheat oven 180 degrees.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave and mix it with the olive oil, the egg and the dill.
- Add the spinach, bacon and feta cheese and mix well.
- Put the pastry squares in a muffin tin and add the mixture. Strech them as needed.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Thanks for reading, your support means the world to me! Follow me on Social Media: