FoodieFoodMood has been Nominated for a Liebster Award!
FoodieFoodMood has been nominated for its first award! Thank you, Sarah, from Pandora's Health, for this nomination. Pandora's Health is a blog dedicated to health and wellness, with a lot of advice on healthy foods and habits, and also beautiful pictures! Have a look at her Thai Potato Soup!
If you have never heard about the Liebster Award, it is an online recognition given to new bloggers by other bloggers. It started in 2011 and it means "sweet" or "kind" in German. The purpose of this award is to build cooperation and awareness amongst bloggers. To get nominated your blog must be less than 6 months old and have less than 200 followers. Here are the official rules.
There are some rules we must follow in order to display the badge on our websites:
My favourite blog
As I am very new to blogging I didn't even know that all the content I'm consuming it's coming from blogs! I have to mention my favourite dessert person at SugarSpunRun.com, which has been an inspiration for me. It's full of creative recipes, and Samantha seems to be the sweetest person in the world!
Facts about myself
- My first pet was a hamster called "Copito".
- I won a painting competition when I was 6.
- I taught myself how to read and write by copying the letters my grandma used to send to my mom when we were living in Venezuela.
- I still have my wisdom teeth.
- I never learnt how to swim.
- I add cheese to everything.
- I'm morning person: wake up everyday at 5am.
- I only learnt how to cook when I moved to South Africa.
- I'm a very introverted person.
My Liebster Award nominees
I am a designer, so the blogs I chose were the ones that inspired me visually, or I thought their content will be very valuable in the future:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write about a favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions that are asked of you and post 11 of your own.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
What’s your earliest memory?
I remember being held by my dad in a park full of pigeons. He was wearing a green suit. My mom says at that time he was working at a bank, and I was about 6 months old.
If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I'd buy a big house for my parents and another for each one of my sisters. Then I'll invest the money and travel the world with what's left.
What is your dream holiday destination?
I want to go to Vietnam.
Monopoly or Uno?
Monopoly, because I could never understand how to play Uno :D
What’s your favourite cuisine?
What are your hobbies?
Photography is very dear to my heart. I also read and watch a lot of movies.
Football or rugby?
What’s your nickname?
My family used to call me "Machin" when I was a kid. Some of my friends call me Chiki.
Why did you start your blog?
It started as a coping mechanism as I was going through a rough time. It worked so well that I decided to keep doing it. It keeps away my anxiety and it makes me feel creative.
If you could travel back in time, where/when would you go?
Most probably to the late 1960's in San Francisco, I'd love to hang out with all the Flower Power people and live first hand all the political changes that took place during that decade.
What is your favourite painting?
The Garden of Earthly Delights by El Bosco. I had the opportunity to see it at the Prado Museum, and it was a moment I will never forget.
- Who is your role model?
- Who is your favourite fictional character?
- Do you prefer movies or books?
- How many countries have you visited?
- If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would that be?
- What is your favourite song?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- What's is your favourite ancient civilisation?
- What is the weirdest dream you have had?
- Describe your morning routine.
- Would you like to have a pet dragon?
Once again, thank you, Pandora's Health, for the nomination! And good luck to you all!