Super Easy Oatmeal Muffins
As I'm writing this blog I realised that breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day, and my other favourite thing is meals that can be done in a muffin tin. I don't have a lot of pleasant memories about oatmeal, and stopped eating it for a long time, but these oatmeal muffins are so fancy; I couldn't ignore them.
And they are very easy to make! I found a recipe that looked delicious, but I skipped the ingredients that are difficult to find in this South African market. I also don't like overly complicated recipes, I believe you can achieve the same quality with day to day ingredients.
So I went grocery shopping, having no idea that there are more than one kind of oats. I sticked to rolled-oats as those are the ones I've known my whole life.
Recipe - Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients (6 Servings):
- 3 cups of rolled oats or old-fashioned oats.
- 1/4 cup cooking oil.
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp cinnammon.
- 2 tsp. baking powder.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- I used apples, strawberries and nuts as toppings; you can use whatever you like.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and brown sugar.
- Add milk, vanilla and cinnammon. Combine evenly.
- Add the oats and the baking powder.
- Use 1/4 of cup to fill each muffin cup, and add your toppings.
- Bake for 30 minutes.