Overnight Oats for Lazy Mornings
Like I mention before, oats have never been my favourites. My mom used to give us for breakfast mixed with milk, but I never got to see the big deal about them. My dad loves them. But when I grow up, and I found their many health benefits, I decided to incorporate them into my diet.
Because I still don't like the taste very much, I searched for fancy ways to eat them and discovered the Overnight Oats - so easy!
But, please note:
- I used almond milk as I have found that cow's milk gives me a bit of discomfort, so I'm trying to minimize it. Feel free to add your favourite kind of milk, or even water if that is what you like.
- I used bananas for one and apples for another one. You can use whatever fruit you want, seasonal fruits are best.
- It's not a bad idea to add yoghurt.
Recipe - Overnight Oats
Ingredients (1 Serving):
- 1 cup of rolled oats or old-fashioned oats.
- 1 cup almond milk.
- 1 banana.
- 1 tsp chia seeds.
- 1 tsp peanut butter.
- A handful of nuts.
- Start with the oats at the bottom of your container; follow with the milk, the chia seeds and the peanut butter, or honey.
- Add the banana or fruit of your choice.
- Top with a handful of nuts.